It is currently Fri May 26, 2017 9:09 am

Welcome
Welcome to imhotep's labs

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: BEMF triggered self oscillating transistor
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:10 am 

Have thanks: 12 time
Combination of sting oscillator and MJT create more powerfull charger. Primary coil voltage exceed 1000V on both analog and digital meter. For replicator, be carefull not to spark it or you might fry your transistor or everything else connected to the same supply.

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywQyh_u1pqA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZrNyH0e90I

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:55 am 

Video of output voltage measurement:
24V light bulb = 4V
neon bulb = 400V
no load = 1600V

Currently require 1.5Amp at 12V with 600mA maximum output current.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSm6y2X77wQ

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:19 am 

Corrected circuit:

I remove the capacitor at the coil collpase point.

Other video:
Combining radiant output, 0.18A+0.19A = 1.5A

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:08 am 

Here is a better video.
YouTube - SO + MJT, more power, better video

What I do is combining my modified joule thief circuit and my sting oscillator circuit with the help of FWBR. The video show charging of 12V 7Ah battery, a dead one.

1. With only modified joule thief, output current is 30mA, consuming 1.09A.

2. With only sting oscillator, output current is 60mA, consuming 0.4A.

3. Both circuit output current is 160mA, consuming 1.4A.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:32 am 

Have thanks: 27 time
Sorry to disappoint you, any amps you are getting on the output is just conventional pulse charging, not radiant energy

The trick is to reduce this amperage both on the input and output to a minimum, just use the voltage/potential to pulse the battery

on an ideal setup we would not allow any amps to flow but in practice this is impossible.

I have charged a 7ah 12 volt battery in 13 hours on just 16 milliamps output from a fan. the input was around 540 milliamps.

The fan itself was blowing air spinning at 890 rpm. the fan was consuming power as you would expect although it isn't efficient. The best measurement i got was around 30 to 40 percent efficiency. There was heat produced in the transistor and the coil both reaching a temperature of 50 to 60 degrees Celsius. Approximate calculations of the power of the motor and the measurable losses was around 70% of input power. I am sure that the other components were getting warmer but i was not able to get a measurement.

What this means is that almost 100 percent of the input power was consumed by work done by the motor and losses, yet the battery still charged from a source of energy that was not the supply battery.

This is the radiant.

I know your device is capable of producing radiant. you need to tune it till it consumes the minimum amount of power and yet the battery still charges.

O good way to do this is use two identical batteries, one as the source and one as the charging battery.

when the device is working at its most efficient, the combined voltage will be seen to be stable or falling very slowly. This means that nearly almost all the input ends up in the charging battery despite any measurable losses. when you measure the power that is in the charged battery and add it to the losses you find that you have more output than input.

In conclusion. tune your device so that the measurable amps on the output is at its lowest and yet the battery is still charging.

this may be slower but it is using the free energy.

next try using pulse motor coils for your inductor. then you can use the mechanical output of this to charge your source battery, further increasing your COP

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 3:43 am 

You got the wrong impression. I don't claim I get better radiant. What I claim is better efficiency.

SO or MJT do not work the same way as other oscillator. When load is high current may reduce (resonance point).

Using only potential do not charge a battery, I already tried that.

What I am after is better efficiency on the conventional side and at the same time charge the battery without heating them up. The combine circuit charge battery without make it hot at 380mA. The battery do heat up when using light bulb as load.

In term of input, mine charge a battery in 6 hour with 1.4A.

Today, a modification to my circuit allow me to charge 7Ah 12V battery at 230mA, with 320mA at 12V input ! This is the conventional electricity measured with amp meter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iirvQKOj-w

How many amp your battery being charge conventionally? Is the 16mA is measured with amp meter in series with the battery?

Note that:
your circuit:
input = 540mA at 12V, output = 16mA charging 7Ah 12V and rotating a fan
charger COP = 3%

My previous experiment:
input = 1400mA at 12V, output = 160mA charging 7Ah 12V
charger COP = 11%

To be fair, I make video where output is also powering a fan:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymIj_ZGdttY

input = 1.05A at 12V, output = 120mA charging 7Ah 12V and a fan in series
charger COP = 11.4%

Because of combined output, mine produce better conventional efficiency than what can be done with direct method.

Try to combine your circuit

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 4:08 am 

New circuit :

Fixed 2 x SO + 1 x MJT image:

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 4:44 am 

Here is my video about tuning a circuit. Resonance means the best efficiency you can get out of a circuit by tuning the potentiometer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDe-2_VQha8

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 12:59 am 

I have to correct myself. When using a Imhotep fan we reduce the amperage input until we get the peak radiant spike.

The way you are tuning your circuit shows that you are on the right path.

What is your battery performance like?

any increase in capacity or increase in charge rate?

Is the charge a fluffy surface charge or is it fully charging?

remember that any over-unity is in the battery and not the charging device

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 1:27 am 

when i charge my batteries conventionally, the amps vary through the charging process. peaking at a little over two amps and dropping off as the state of charge increases. My conventional charger is current limiting to 2 amps.

My fan is self wound with #27 wire, I know the COP of the fan unit when not taking into account the power in the recharged battery is very poor. But some how the battery does charge. I can then measure the power out from this battery to find how much it charged and use this as the power for my COP.

Battery to battery i get mid to high 90's in terms of percentage efficiency but to achieve this i have to make slight adjustments to keep the spike at its peak. Remember that the fan is doing work too and there is the losses due to heat in the system. The charging device is much less than 100% efficient but we have to include the measurable power in the battery to get the true COP

You do not reclaim the magnetic energy in your coils as it is not powering a motor but i'm sure your circuit could be used to power a motor somehow.

I am currently studying how john got COP's of much higher than 1. I know he was collecting the negative radiant spike and converting it, via a capacitor, to "normal" electricity before pulsing that back to the battery. Hence my research into negative radiant.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next