It is currently Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:22 am

Welcome
Welcome to imhotep's labs

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: fan coil
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:12 am 

Have thanks: 27 time
You should be able to get a resistance between two posts, then when you switch to the other two posts you should also get the same reading but o reading any other way. It is two separate coils wound onto the same stator at the same time.

When you have removed one wire from the post that has two wires connected to it, measure the resistance on all the posts, two posts should give a reading. Mark them as one coil and connect the wire you removed to the fourth post, this and the other post that had no reading should now reed the same as the two that you marked before.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:15 am 

Have thanks: 3 time
:D

Last edited by stargate22 on Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:38 pm 

stargate22 wrote:
If anybody wants to experiment with this idea....have at it. Just a thought I'm throwing out to fan club. I have not tried this theory yet, but wondered if a Hybrid pulsed / induction fan would be viable...

The idea is to wind the fan coils as usual and connect to transistor as usual, however include another set of winding pairs, in the same wrap ( quad filer / 4 wires ) which the second free set of wires would be tied at one end, leaving the other connected to a non-polar ? uf capacitor of choice to create an inductive effect ( maybe ) to the wires. Leads from the cap would lead out to create an increased voltage out as opposed to just bare wires of lower voltage out to Battery OR possibly to led to a LOOPED state. :o

**** I've read that electrons have memory and will not return to source...Unless an induction transformer / equivalent is between source and load ( source batt. ) for a LOOPED state.

Anybody heard of similar problem? :roll:

Pic below....

***** If an individual could find the frequency the fan runs with transistor and cross reference
that frequency with a RF monograph to find cap ( likely in the .nf range ) to resonate the coil at the running frequency, it may prove out....? :?

I will order one of My "BEAST" fans this spring and give 'er a try and report back....'til then.

.....thoughts...input....corrections?

Could you post a schematic so that is more clear.

You may find the second test on this site of interest http://jnaudin.free.fr/html/biftest.htm A 66% increase in spike voltage and increased ringing were obtained with a third coil that is open circuit, No cap.

You may wish to try the setup in test 1 with the third coil being open circuit at both ends and then with the third coil shorted on itself. some have reported interesting effects with the coil shorted.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:58 am 

Have thanks: 1 time
still working on this, i think ive wrecked like 5 fans now haha, i got one where i got consitency between coils that are right next to eachother opposed to ones that are across from eachother, would i be able to make this work, would i have to wire it any differently in the layout?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:05 am 

i just did a fan and got the coils to work, fan still not running, i think i may have fried my transistor....but i have more transistors on the way, maybe the vac bulb too, will the vac stop lighting up if the transistor is fried? the fan i did get the coils to work on was a 120mm b-gears fan.... 10 dollar fan but worth it, it was so easy to do it on.... pulled coils off by hand! easily by hand! and then the 4th wire was lighter colored just sitting on the top of the 3rd post, slot aready made for 4th post, it doesnt get any easier.... i had that fan done in 10 minutes and it will definitly be my go to fan from now on

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:58 am 

yes, you could just test the resistance of the coils to test them

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:03 am 

i believe i have everything set up right, i have tried both coils negative and positive as power coils still isnt going, im not getting any chirping when i spin the fan, although i notice that when i have my potentiometer turned down there is no magnetic resistance on the fan and as i crank it up it gets tons of magnetic resistance, is this to be expected? i have a 12v 7ah battery, is this powerful enough? its sitting at about 12.7 now just making sure thats enough juice to get it going

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:12 am 

transistor and diode seem to be good.....got charger on battery so its not that, i feel im hooking the wrong wires up maybe due to different schematics

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:08 am 

i got it! had to swap the potentiometer wire and the one to the collecter.... never wouldve guessed

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:13 am 

I'm happy you solved it

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next