It is currently Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:12 am

Welcome
Welcome to imhotep's labs

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Re: fan coil
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:24 pm 

Have thanks: 27 time
The rotor is the part that spins, the stator is the part that is fixed. The rotor is called the armature if it has windings mounted upon it.

Yes we remove the circuit board, some put it back to make it easier to solder the wires to after removing the components. Epoxy would be better than hot glue.

It is common to break the frame on your first attempt, it is difficult to explain how to remove the coils as there are many different ways that they are attached.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:22 pm 

Have thanks: 0 time
Hi I'm new here and I'm curious about the actual winding of this fan setup. Now I just completed a bedini Imhotep fan setup with a fan from my computer and have successfully got it to work. I have tried to rewind a coil with my own higher gauge wire and have not succeeded though. Does anyone know the proper winding in order to make this circuit work? I thought it was CW CCW? Also does it matter if these wires are of the same gauge or do they need to be different sizes? All that the fan seems to do is stay static. I have tried many configurations with the pos and neg leads with the same results. I am under the impression that the windings are just incorrect.
Any help is appreciated, thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:41 pm 

CW, CCW is correct, You can use the same guage or slightly different wire. I dont know how many turns you have on your fan but it may need a little more voltage to make it work if the turns are too few. Be aware that increasing the power like this does tend to burn out your pot so you may need a higher power one.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:11 pm 

I am new i know very little about putting together circuitry but i want to take necessary steps into generating electricity without a power company. Is there anyone who can give me clear information for a beginner and a clear cost to buy everything. I really want to do this. Please if see this message don't ignore me i'm serious

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:39 am 

How much power do you want to generate?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:56 am 

Have thanks: 1 time
I'm thinking 500 to 1000 watts of average output would be enough to store and live on. A small fridge/freezer, a light water pump, a few lights, a laptop.. That's the "holy grail" I'd love to figure out.
I know greenpowerscience on youtube gives instructions on how to relatively cheaply build solar panels using broken (but they still work) cells..
Also, lasersaber on youtube has a really advanced portable system called the soln1 that he's released instructions and partslists for.
And there are crystal cells, but I still haven't found a recipe for those that is cheap with enough output to really do much with. Yet.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:23 pm 

With the devices that I know that work, to get 1Kw of continuous power the device would be running at 6Kw. That would be a very big machine and cost a lot of money. Now you know why there are no genuine devices being marketed.

For now your best plan is solar then use Bedini circuits or similar to bring the efficiency up of the battery charging.

The device I am working on has a supposed output of 300w while running at around 1.2Kw so it would be an improvement on what we have now but not an answer to the energy crisis yet.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 8:24 pm 

Hi to all. I have a two-phase(bifilar, as i know) fan. It has 2 wires: red and yellow. They pass through coils like this(image). 2 and 3(or 1 and 4) connected on common post(i disconnect them). Each wire has a resistance of 125 ohms. How to connect this fan in the scheme. Or it will not work?
I tried to connect it but it does not spin. And there is no magnetic lock.
sorry for my english))

Attachments:
15052013224.jpg
15052013224.jpg [ 333.85 KiB | Viewed 862 times ]

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 11:35 pm 

Just try swapping the wires over until you get the right combination