It is currently Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:12 am

Welcome
Welcome to imhotep's labs

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Hello All!!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:15 am 

Have thanks: 0 time
Highscores: 1
Hello everyone,

I have a few questions about Imhoteps Radiant Oscillator, and I was wondering if one of you might be so kind as to point me to the right direction for the answers :)

I do not fully understand how the IRO is a free energy device? I would like to show this to a few friends of mine but I do not know exactly how to explain it. The way I understand the device to work is that you have the source battery charge the dead battery.

And that while it is charging the dead cell the neon light is picking up radiant energy from the coil. That energy is extra energy or free energy correct?

Do you have to have a new source battery each time you want to charge a dead one? Or is it simply a 1:1 or can it go to a 1:2 or more?

If the free energy is in the neon how can you use or collect that energy? It seems like you could almost use the free energy to help recharge the source?

Any help would be great.

Thank you!

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Hello All!!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:31 am 

Have thanks: 27 time
The Questions you ask are the whole point of what we are doing and it is not simple or quick to answer but ill do my best to make it simple and brief.

I don't think the IRO is a free energy device, it just shows us that the standard teachings of electrical theory are incomplete.

In standard theory, electrical power (electron flow) is used to power a coil, causing a magnetic field. In this case the coil is a car ignition coil. What is ignored is that there is a Back EMF in the circuit that flows in the opposite direction.

This back EMF is normally shorted out and just produces heat in the circuit.

What we are doing is collecting it and using it to charge a battery at the same time as using the conventional power to do something else.

It is not free energy, we have to do work to get it. In the past it was wasted but now we can use it so in that sense it is free.

When we use this back EMF we find it is different to normal electricity, we cannot measure its amps although we can measure its volts and effects. It appears to be equal and opposite to electron flow, hence the near 1 to 1 charging.

Because of the reduced heat in the circuit and that some have noticed some cooling effects (I have not noticed cooling effects) it is sometimes called cold electricity.

The neon bulb is used to detect the back EMF however when charging a battery the back EMF is going into the battery and not powering the Neon. In the Bedini circuit the neon is used to protect the transistor from over voltage caused by the back EMF.

It is theoretically possible to get 1 to 2 if we have 100% efficiency (input of 1 = work done + energy in the back EMF) but we can never get 100% efficiency so our Coefficient of performance (COP) cannot be greater than 2 in this circuit, however there is something happening to the charging battery.

The charging battery chemistry is changing and we see an increase in the speed of the charge and an increase in capacity. I do not fully understand this so i recommend looking up "Negative resistance in batteries" by john Bedini and Tom Beardon. This is where the real free energy is happening not the IRO. I will say it again The free energy is in the charging battery. Yes something we all have been using for years is a free energy device if used the right way.

The charging battery is where we collect the back EMF or we can use it to power the neon.

We cannot close the loop to feed the back emf directly back to the source, this will short out the back EMF. The source battery cannot be charged and discharged at the same time so we have to delay the charging pulse, We also have to disconnect it from the pulse generator to prevent the short. This is the basics of a self runner. If we also convert the normal work of the circuit back into electricity and feed that too to the source we will overcome the efficiency losses.

Hope this answers your questions

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:43 am 

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to my post. I have so much to learn. I am still a bit foggy on a few things one of them is what type of experiments can be conducted with the IRO to prove that the standard teachings of electrical theory are incomplete?

After the circuit is made is there a practical application for the IRO? Is this a good place to start on the path to find free energy? I would like to understand more about what the IRO is intended for so that I can build upon it. Is there a list of experiments that can be connected with the IRO?

What would be the next step for the IRO? What are we after once we have built the basic IRO? I really want to learn and it seems like this might be a good place to start.

Thank you!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:23 pm 

Have thanks: 2 time
Hi Altrez! Welcome!

MBROWNN gave such an excellent explanation that I cannot think of anything to add.

However, I'd have to say that I have found much more excellent info like this through
looking at Bedini's website and just do Google searches of free energy topics, you get
a more varied idea of the overall field. I also like youtube and the narrations of some
of the experimenters give some good insights too. I like to see what the doubters are
saying, most do not know anything from experience but you can learn from their doubting.
I listen to both sides and am "still in the light" :lol:

Great to have you aboard!

Rob

...just an electrician... since 1985!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:23 am 

Quote:
Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to my post. I have so much to learn. I am still a bit foggy on a few things one of them is what type of experiments can be conducted with the IRO to prove that the standard teachings of electrical theory are incomplete?

After the circuit is made is there a practical application for the IRO? Is this a good place to start on the path to find free energy? I would like to understand more about what the IRO is intended for so that I can build upon it. Is there a list of experiments that can be connected with the IRO?

What would be the next step for the IRO? What are we after once we have built the basic IRO? I really want to learn and it seems like this might be a good place to start.

The proof of incomplete electrical theory is the back emf and what you can do with it, getting people to accept its existence is another thing.

There are many practical applications to the IRO and the Bedini fan, Battery charger, recovering suphated batteries and low power consumption emergency light source just to name a few. remember many of the devices are covered by patients.

The next step? It is to experiment, try to improve power, efficiency and find new ways to get and use the energy.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:56 am 

@JustAnElectrician:

Thank you so much for the warm welcome:) I am very happy to be here and I hope that one day I can help contribute to this wonderful project. Also I want to thank Imhotep for sharing his hard work.

@mbrownn:

You have been so helpful! I plan on building my IRO tomorrow evening. I really still do not have a good grasp on the IRO but I think I have enough to get started.

I do understand now that this device is so much more then just a simple battery charger. If I am not mistaken is this not more efficient then other methods of charging?

It seems like from what I have read, that this will give you even more capacity on the dead battery after 5 or more charges. Is that correct?

You also mentioned that the back EMF helps charge the battery so if that is the case the IRO is really already at a 1:1.5 ratio correct?

Would it be possible to charge lower volt battery's? For example I have a battery pack of 4 AA's can I charge them? Or do you have to have a 12 v on the receiving end?

Thank you all so much for the help.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:13 am 

Yes, with repeated charging you will get increased capacity.

The IRO is charging batteries at near 1 to 1 charging however it is producing a lot of magnetic energy which we do not use.

Yes you can charge batteries other than 12v. I have charged 9v and AA cells. Just make sure they don't get hot.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:28 am 

altrez wrote:
@JustAnElectrician:

Thank you so much for the warm welcome:) I am very happy to be here and I hope that one day I can help contribute to this wonderful project. Also I want to thank Imhotep for sharing his hard work.

@mbrownn:

You have been so helpful! I plan on building my IRO tomorrow evening. I really still do not have a good grasp on the IRO but I think I have enough to get started.

I do understand now that this device is so much more then just a simple battery charger. If I am not mistaken is this not more efficient then other methods of charging?
YES. I have charged all types of batteries, with great success. Alkaline, button cell, old style carbon zinc dry cells,
lead acid, silver cell (1) and Li-Ion is next for me

It seems like from what I have read, that this will give you even more capacity on the dead battery after 5 or more charges. Is that correct?
YES, but it's best to use ONLY radiant charge thereafter.
It charges faster too. Lead acid, for example, should be down to 1.7V per cell then radiant charged. (10V on a 12V battery)

You also mentioned that the back EMF helps charge the battery so if that is the case the IRO is really already at a 1:1.5 ratio correct?
Yes and no, the back EMF is around 50% but that is all you can measure
the Radiant charge can be over 100% rate if the batt's are "conditioned"
Even my old sulfated batt's seem to charge @ 100% or higher
but I have not run good testing yet, just still trying to get
the darn RS275-001's "modified" NC contacts to hold up :roll: I am working on a fix for this, need a good camera to show the peeps
how it's done, cuz I have a better mod for the NC contact

Would it be possible to charge lower volt battery's? For example I have a battery pack of 4 AA's can I charge them? Or do you have to have a 12 v on the receiving end?
Absolutely!!! And I have not even had an over-charge or hot
battery from the IRO! It seems like it is totally self-regulating.
I have charged 1 (one) 1.5 volt button cell!

Thank you all so much for the help.

I have 2 NEW Interstate deep-cycle batts for my OU testing,
Should start it this week.

haha, I see mbrownn has posted as I was typing, but I'll leave mine on here too :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:57 pm 

@JustAnElectrician:

Thank you so much for all the information! I live in Kentucky and we are without power. I wish i had started this project sooner!

@mbrownn

Thank you!

Did you guy's know that the video for the Lite version has been removed from YouTube? Is there some place else I can watch it? I am working on a parts list for when the store's open back up. I want to be ready when this happens again.

My laptop is running and my cell phone for internet. We are using a 5kw Train-Gen. And a wood burner for heat!

Thank you all so much!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:04 am 

JustAnElectrician wrote:
YES, but it's best to use ONLY radiant charge thereafter.
It charges faster too. Lead acid, for example, should be down to 1.7V per cell then radiant charged. (10V on a 12V battery)

That 10v discharge level is ONLY recommended for the initial radiant charge. After that, follow normal discharge levels.
Just wanted to clarify that, so you do not drain to 10v every time.

PS: I blew up my silver cell, it was not getting hot at all until that last session I guess :oops:
I was not in the room when it happened.