It is currently Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:09 am

Welcome
Welcome to imhotep's labs

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: HOW TO WIND A FAN FOR MAXIMUM POTENTIAL
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:09 am 

Have thanks: 27 time
gmang73 wrote:
Mr brown, or other gurus,
I am in need of advice of how to wind a fan hex filler and I would like to know if I can wind the thinner wire more wraps than the run wire that would be thicker?
that is more winds for the thinner to get more or higher voltages and less for the run wire for more amps to drive a 10 inch fan.
Please advise of a good book and videos and any websites you would recommend.
also Does flat wire allow a quicker release of the collected energy without as much lenz effect?

Regards,

Gmang73

The rules for getting torque to run a motor is amps x turns so turns are good. The problem is space because to get a lot of turns in a small space will require the use of small wire which then has high resistance reducing the amps and a lower current carrying capacity.

I built a hexfilar fan, it was a 5” unit and I used #27 wire, I don't remember how many turns there was but it only just ran on 12v.

More turns generally means more inductance and so better spikes but also a greater voltage is required to get the amps to power the motor.

I have built fans with as low as 10 turns on each post and got them to run on 12v with bigger wire but the downside is the power consumption. Ideally you want to limit the power consumption in these fans for maximum efficiency.

I don't know enough to comment on flat wire

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:18 am 

Have thanks: 4 time
Mr brown,

Can I wind say the power wire less as in 40 turns and the trigger wire say 300 turns in a bi filler or hex filler wind? Or do the winds have to be the same amount?
Or can I wind the cw different to the ccw?
Is there a book or other info anyone that can help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Grant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:46 pm 

gmang73 wrote:
Mr brown,

Can I wind say the power wire less as in 40 turns and the trigger wire say 300 turns in a bi filler or hex filler wind? Or do the winds have to be the same amount?
Or can I wind the cw different to the ccw?
Is there a book or other info anyone that can help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Grant

You could but its difficult to do. Many different winding options have been tried, you can find them on youtube but the easiest amd most reliable is the standard method. My hexfilar fan worked quite well but, i obtained the most efficient results from a standard bifilar wound fan using 1 strand of #27 and 1 strand of #30 for the trigger. The results did appear to be better than using two wires of the same size but the difference was so small it could have been down to the accuracy of measurement and not really better.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:57 am 

To whom it may concern(enlightened ones)

What is a good source of knowledge for bifilliar, hex filliar or litz wire windings for maximum collecting of energy.
Books videos ect.

Regards,

Grant.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:41 am 

I cant tell you that but I will tell you what I believe.

when you place one set of windings on top of another, such as in a standard transformer, reasonable coupling is obtained, whereas when the windings are wound together such as in bifilar and hexfilar windings the coupling is superior. The main reasons for not using multifilar windings are:-

1) ease of manufacturing
2) It is not practical for step up and step down applications

Of course this relates to cost and is fine where magnetic coupling is the only factor.

There are advantages in inductance manipulation with these types of windings. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bifilar_winding

Litz wire is described here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Litz_wire

I'm sure you know most of what I put above, and now for something not proven as it is a part of radiant energy theory.

Imagine you charge a wire with a negative charge, all other negative charges will be repelled and all positive charges will be attracted. Electroscopes demonstrate this principle. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electroscope This causes electrical energy and charged particles in the environment to polarize. For an instant there is a movement of charge in the vicinity of our wire. The theory is that some of this movement will be picked up in multifilar wire and so for an instant we have a moving charge or what we call available power. Exactly the same thing occurs when we discharge our wire but of the opposite polarity. There is also some talk about this energy having an extremely small mass causing an overshoot ie momentum, again a potential source of dynamic charge.

There are many claims about this and also some anomalies in electrical practice that could be explained by this. Some work has been done in the early part of the last century to prove it too. I cant think what it was called but the experiment went something like this. A wire was placed in a vacuum chamber and pulsed at high voltage. The pulse was very abrupt and created via a spark gap and Tesla coil. Detection equipment was able to show something assumed to be energy entering and leaving the wire. The experiment was similar to what Tesla did when he created discharges from his coils and we are not talking about the famous sparks.

This is not the experiment, but a picture of one of Tesla's experiments showing the type of thing that they found http://www.villesresearch.com/images/teslacone.jpg The difference being that they produced it in a vacuum, so it had nothing to do with ionic particles or plasma. The phenomenon occurred both at the charge and the discharge of the wire and was not visible to the naked eye but was visible to the detection equipment.

Its interesting that I cant find any reference to the experiment now, but that might just be me that is putting the wrong key words into the search.

As I say this is all theory and has not been proved to modern sciences criteria, but if true it would explain some strange phenomenon. Hope this helps

One of my many musings on the aether here http://www.energeticforum.com/renewable ... post173026

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 1:19 pm 

Mr brown,

Apparently the purple flash is a noble gas go here if you haven't sourced this already and let me know what you think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kdC77hsIZs

Peace to all that deserve.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 1:57 pm 

I got purple or even white flashes from the neon, but only a few times before the neon would not flash at all. I never knew why.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 1:35 pm 

Mbrown,

Can I make the trigger much finer and wrap at a rate of 5 to 1 of the run wire?

Thanks m8

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 2:28 am 

gmang73 wrote:
Mbrown,

Can I make the trigger much finer and wrap at a rate of 5 to 1 of the run wire?

Thanks m8

Yes you can make the trigger wire finer, this can improve performance. The 1 to 1 ratio works best because of the coupling between the wires.

You can also alter the transistor, look for a transistor with a gain above 10 to 1, theoretically the higher the gain the better the performance. The transistor also needs to be capable of audio frequencies and carrying high current. This is because the pulses tend to be high current of short duration. The voltage capability of the transistor can also be a factor, if your spikes exceed the capacity of the transistor, it wont last long.

The 3055 transistor is an audio power transistor capable of 60v and many amps which makes it a good choice but there are better ones.

Because this transistor can only cope with 60v, Bedini placed a neon so that the voltage would not rise higher than the transistors capacity.

For the highest performance use mechanical switching as Tesla used, then you don't need a biflar coil or a transistor. If the supply you use is in the Kv range you can use a spark gap. If you do use a coil with a secondary winding the output can also be collected in the secondary. If the ratio of the secondary is very high, say 200 to 1, You have a Tesla coil.

A Bedini circuit could be used in such a way and maybe it is where John got his idea from.

The Tesla coil gives an anomalous output, just as the Bedini circuit does.

Just some food for thought hehehe

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:13 pm 

Hey Mr B,

What are better transistors?
I have had some success of late I bifiller wound a fan of around 50 turns of run and trigger and the trigger is something that I have been wanting to do for a while.
I have been lighting 7 neons and getting purple flashes for extended periods although the transistor finally went.

G.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next