It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:39 am

Welcome
Welcome to imhotep's labs

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Imhotep Radiant Oscillator Redrawn_CAD Drawing
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:07 am 

Have thanks: 1 time
Imhotep:
Went looking for CAD stuff to just draw a schematic-no at this point am not interested in a PC board or electrical rules checking. Found a programme, have it as trialware. Tedious=had to use HySnap to copy as a Tiff, then do some heavy cleaning up in Photoshop. Then converted to JPEG for the Imhotep's Lab here. Hope this drawing is clear, correct & more useful than the quick stetch on the site of Imhotep's Radiant Oscillator. Would like to hear comments. As a learning experience will re do any other drawings that others want to post. Just scratching away on the Papyrus of what we hope is 'truth'.

Felis Catus

Attachments:
File comment: Is this helpful? Did we get it 'right'? Is it easire to use?
Imhjoteps Radiant Oscillator_Redraw copy copy.jpg
Imhjoteps Radiant Oscillator_Redraw copy copy.jpg [ 82.78 KiB | Viewed 1021 times ]
Felis Catus has been thanked by:
 Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Imhotep Radiant Oscillator Redrawn_CAD Drawing
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:54 am 

Have thanks: 27 time
Very clear, thanks.

The neon is optional in this circuit.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:27 am 

Have thanks: 12 time
Sorry, that doesn't look right?

isn't 87A is the normally closed terminal?

You can get much more power by adding some coil in paralel. However, it can melt the contact because of bigger current being switched in the contact.

Attachments:
relaymodmod.png
relaymodmod.png [ 2.64 KiB | Viewed 1007 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:03 am 

Have thanks: 1 time
Sucahyo:
We are looking at here what appears to be an artists or CAD circuit drafting circuit part drawing 'convention'. In the drawing of the Bosch automotive relay we used, this is how it was positioned. Does this illustrators' convention make any difference in "how" our device is used? A diode was shown accross the coil-which I erased in the final edit of the CAD drawing in Photoshop when I had scanned the SmartDraw final output image in to TIFF format using HySnap before finally converting to JPEG for upload to the Imhotep forum here... It was a long search-to find a programme that would have the Bosch relay we are using & conventional electrical parts. Interestingly enough, the freeware and most all other schematic drafting programmes I looked over did NOT have a means to modify or add 'new' parts on the user's behalf to their already pre-existant libraries. Also, just a drawing programme-am not interested in 'Spice' software, 'electrical rules checks' & making a printed circuit board at this point, just simple CAD = draw the damned schematic. SmartDraw does this, ( www.SmartDraw.com ) and is a programme that makes other audio visual aides, like: cycle diagrammes, flow charts, simple diagramme, charts&graphs, printable commercial signs like 'No Parking Any Time', storyboards-among many other functions. It also has a circuit schematic drafting function we used to make what we posted here: smart draw has the Bosch relay you have questions about in a seperate sub library dedicated to automitive electrical parts. We now now have a permanently working copy. A bit on the expensive side-cost: $197.00 Their demoware will remain fully functional for @ one week.

I'm trying to find a simple, easy to use freeware or educational CAD schematic drawing programme, so that users here and on other sites studying this problem can use a website posted reference to download it; and members can use at home to draw and post clear, easy to read circuit diagrammes. On other allied experimental sites, most of the electrical circuit diagrammes the experimenter draws by hand and posts are practically unreadable on line. If you cannot endeavour to reproduce the experimenter's obsrvations and results because of this-what's the point?

Felis Catus
August 11, 2010

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:20 am 

Have thanks: 27 time
Hmmm I see the problem.

I use http://www.falstad.com/circuit/

I suppose I could copy and paste to create images but that leaves the problem of editing for others. maybe using the text file is better.

At least with this applet it gives a working example for the reader to look at.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:25 am 

Have thanks: 12 time
I see. I do have problem with drawing diagram. I end up with QUCS.

Showing the relay during ON condition is unusual for circuit diagram application.

See here for why I see it weird.
http://www.the12volt.com/relays/relays.asp