It is currently Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:08 am

Welcome
Welcome to imhotep's labs

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Introduction and a question
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:08 pm 

Have thanks: 0 time
My name is Dane I am a former auto mechanic living in South Carolina. Since I was about 10 Ive been fascinated with Tesla and electronic even before then. I have always been what I call a tinkerer I hope this eventually leads to a invention or 3. I have some good ideas but being on disability limits my money to build.

Ive built a few bedini ssg's to continue trying to understand this radiant tech I figured it was tome to build a fan. Then some other energizers based on dc motors. I am also working on a HHO setup. My plans are done just need funds for material. When I get that going will share in the HHO thread.

My question: Has any one tried a tri-filer (or more) winding with the Imotep-Bedini fan?

Thank you to all who contribute to the wealth of info, especially Imhotep and Shiva.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Introduction and a question
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:30 pm 

Have thanks: 27 time
Yes, I have. I made one fan with 6 windings but the problem was getting it to run as there was insufficient turns to make it run at 12v. It was a bigger fan than is used in a computer but even so there is only a small space to fit so many windings. My solution was to run it on 36v but it was not very successful.

3 windings is about the limit.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:38 am 

Thank you very much Mr Brown. I just finished winding a 3 filer figuring space would be the issue. I will let you know how it turns outt once I finish putting it together.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:15 am 

Have thanks: 12 time
My radiant charger would produce worse efficiency with coil in parallel or having more than one wire. I would only use 1 filar...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:30 pm 

Didnt work.... Wanted to turn not enough on the trigger. Rewound it because I broke a wire trying to add 4th post. I have a few of these fans when I have time will do a standard conversion. Thanks for the input!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:10 am 

Have thanks: 27 time
Try a trifilar with #27 wire