i have some info regarding the amperage of my circuit.
i couldnt get a low amp reading off my meter so i switched the meter to the 10amp max setting (included moving my positive clamp attach point also) and tested the circuit in different positions.
the first thing was that my 10 amp max went up to 11 amps on first connection.is that supposed to happen ,it says 10 amp max?
(i didnt use a diode as you suggest so maybe my readings were not correct)
seems to be an awfully high amperage reading,????????????
the transistor pin 1 that goes to base reads 11 amps ,thats full amps not milliamps.
the collector pin 3 reads 8.9 amps.
this next part is interesting as the wire that joins pin 1 to the next coil pin 4 reads, at first it quickly went to 14 amps and then flashed periodically to about 18amps then just went off scale completely.remember that pin 1 and 4 are joined together with wire but the readings were different when on pin 4 as to pin 1. doesn't seem possible???
pin 5 reads 3.6 amps.
i found this really unbelievable as i thought it would be in Milli amps only .
,maybe its cos i didnt use a diode?
i am glad i didnt destroy my gauge either being above its rated amperage?at least i know that amps in my other builds has been the problem
as i tested a couple and couldn't even get a milliamp reading.
So what to do next ,well i decided to attack my working model and remove the transformer.
i thought maybe if i document what ohms reading each coil section has i can find a transformer like it.
i separated the (pin 2) double wires , then measured each winding individually
1 & 2 = 0.8 ohm.... 2 & 3 = 1.0 ohm......and 4 & 5 = 2.3 ohm
now to start testing some, woohoo. if i can match all these readings or even get close then i may be in with a chance to replicate my build.
i will rewind the coils as you suggest sucahyo if it becomes necessary.and also use a diode and measure again.