It is currently Fri May 26, 2017 9:08 am

Welcome
Welcome to imhotep's labs

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Please help !! Radiant oscillator diagram is sketchy at best
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:05 am 

Have thanks: 0 time
The radiant oscillator diagram is sketchy at best. The instruction video tells you to make a mod to the relay for adding another wire. It then tells you to make four female bladed wires to connect to the relay. With the mod this equals 5 wires coming from the relay. My problem is that the diagram only shows 4 wire paths off the relay, so where does the 5th wire go ?? :?:

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Please help !! Radiant oscillator diagram is sketchy at
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:50 am 

Have thanks: 27 time
The simplest way to do it is to buy the correct relay so you dont have to modify it. It is the one with the center post 87a http://image.made-in-china.com/2f0j00Ee ... 0-12U-.jpg

you then ignore the 87 post and use the 87a instead.

There are only four connections to the relay. The neon is not required but is useful to see the energy.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:59 pm 

Thanks !! I knew the diagram was the bosch type relay, but I just thought that since the video shows the mod to the other relay there should also be a diagram respectively . I will do as you suggest and find a normally closed bosch type relay. Thanks again for the help. However, I would still like to get the other one running properly. The relay I modified buzzes away, but I cannot get the neon to work and so I guess no radiant energy either (only the noise- lol).

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:18 pm 

Depending upon how it is wired, you may get less output or it could be a faulty neon. Remember that he neon only lights up when there is no charging battery in place. It is not uncommon for these relay chargers to destroy the neon as the spike is quite powerful.

The noise is the biggest drawback with this device.

With the simple relay charger I got efficient charging, better than an off the shelf standard charger although it is only suitable to charge smaller lead acids and it does improve the condition of the battery.

It is a simple task to increase the power by placing another coil in parallel with the relay coil. If you use a car ignition col you can produce some powerful arcs and carry out other Tesla experiments. See the IRO lite. the IRO lite has no problem charging car batteries.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:17 pm 

Thanks for the info and help !! I think I have this figured out. The relays I purchased (each from diff stores) has a plastic contact stop for the 87 terminal. All I had been doing is duplicating the #87 contact by adding another wire. What I think I have to do is to replace the plastic contact stop with a copper one and add my wire to the new contact stop. Does this sound right ? ---- **** update **** I removed the plastic contact stop, then I made a contact stop from 10ga copper wire, and then modified the relay with the new contact stop. I ignored the relays 87 contact and just used my new contact. I am happy to report that this mod worked great. Thank you so very much for the push in the right direction. :D

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:04 am 

Happy to help