It is currently Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:22 am

Welcome
Welcome to imhotep's labs

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Re: Was the Lockridge device the original parallel path moto
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:33 pm 

Have thanks: 27 time
hiwater wrote:
I Have s delco generator thart i slotted the case on two sides. I put two gen coils in from a golf cart motor to get an idea where to slot the case. I the took all the coils out and slotted the case , then put two starter windings from an old flathead ford engine, these are 6 volt. with the slots in the case the motor seems like it is more quiet and spins up nice. 5200 rpm. Each end has a bearing in the end frame.The starter windings are wired in series. Question ,What effect are we looking by putting magnets across the slots.Should these be the strong neo magnets? This i could test out pretty easily ,If I know what to look for. Thanks Curt.

Excellent.

The effect we are looking for is that of a parallel path motor, higher torque than what we should get from the electrical input. Neo magnets probably were not available at the time of the Lockridge device so I suspect they are not needed.

The key to this is probably not quite so simple to detect as we have to get a power balance with the magnets. Once we have the motor running we need to adjust the input voltage and so the amps to a point where the torque created by the magnets is not hidden by a huge torque created by the field coils. :?

For example if we get an additional torque created by the magnets of 1kgcm but we have10kgcm created by the field coils we will hardly see it; however if it is 1kgcm from the magnets and 1kgcm from the coils then it is noticeable. I suspect we could get a ratio of torque around 2 to 1 or twice as much torque from the magnets as we get from the coils this way.

So the method is to get the motor running and measure the torque, then lower the input until we get a maximum torque per ampere input. sort of the reverse of what you normally do.

This alone may not get us into overunity on a 35% efficiency motor but, when the recovered energy from the field coils is fed back to the input we might be there. Then if the recovery is of higher value because of the extra flux caused by the magnets then we could have an excess and all this before we generate a watt of energy.

A lot of ifs here, but we are doing something that hasn’t been done for a long time. ;)

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:26 am 

Have thanks: 0 time
Thanks for the reply. I was thinking of lowering the input supply voltage today while checking the no load amp draw.Which is about 10-11 amps, just free running. It running close to 6000 rpms. But like you saythe torque has to be measured so this motor has some room to come down in rpm and probably still have good enough power to the load. So will try to figure out to do that. Right there would not be any noticeable effect from the magnets. Much appreciated.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:30 am 

To get the most out of a motor with permanent magnets, you have to balance the electrical power to the magnetic power for the best efficiency. Just putting more power in works fine until you surpass the magnetic power and then efficiency drops. This isn’t usually a problem for most applications but when you are looking for overunity it becomes very important, most of the guys who are trying to get overunity don’t seem to think about this. With parallel path it is especially important.

The next thing is oversaturation of the rotor and stator with flux, when you do this it becomes a loss. So it will probably turn out that overunity motors will be bigger than standard ones and the same will be true for generators

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 2:47 am 

Thanks to the member that shipped me a copy of Electric Motor Secrets part 2.

It is clear from the info on this video that the Lockridge device was not a parallel path motor as I postulated. However I do believe that the parallel path idea would be a potential improvement for the original device and I will continue to investigate this.

Peter, as always, explains simply the basic principals in a way that even I can understand.

It does seem most likely that the rotor was of a star configuration and that the capacitor is used as part of a regenerative circuit. It also seems as if I, in my ignorance, am coming to the same conclusions as Peter in other aspects of the devices operation. Thanks again to Peter as I had not thought of using bulbs in the manor he suggests.