It is currently Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:54 pm

Welcome
Welcome to imhotep's labs

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Re: What is a Bedini engine?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:29 pm 

Have thanks: 27 time
:lol: :lol: :lol: Science is a religion and you must be a heretic :lol: :lol: :lol: me too
mbrownn has been thanked by:

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:35 pm 

Have thanks: 1 time
mbrownn wrote:
homie12 wrote:
How would you like to have a vehicle that doesn't consume its fuel? That would be very interesting?

Now that would be interesting, Tesla did it with a Pierce Arrow, Edwin Gray did it and so has Aviso. I am still working on how to power the motor in the way that these guys have done it, I understand some of the principals and where the energy comes from but it is a problem because off the shelf parts don't operate in a way that makes it easy to do.

Still researching which "off the shelf parts" to buy, but I THINK
I have a complete theory which uses (almost) conventional EM Theory
and ties up lots of loose ends. BUT, it is just ONE WAY to git-r-done.
Most likely the simplest possible path to OU that there is.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:21 am 

I have come to the same conclusion, It can be done conventionally or with an input from somewhere else but the best results will include both.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:39 am 

Have thanks: 0 time
err...excuse me gentlemen but this is my thread as I took the initiative to open it. This is a breach of forum rules to take over the way you did, plus I find it rather disrespectful toward myself and also confusing toward the people passing by who eventually want to know what is a Bedini engine. I hope you are not trying to drown the fish, as this trick, cover up of ignorance, is a common thing especially in scientific debates meaning as well alternative energy forums, a lot of them are often full of that fluff making them totally inefficient..don't you hate inefficiency?

So I would ask you to please remove your posts that do not respond to the question and start fresh, that would be really nice... You can continue this conversation on private or open a tread for it didn't you know?

Please respond in a simple and clear manner, I don't want to chatter about anything such as quantum cosmological therapeutics, as it is not my concern at least at this stage. So if you don't know or you are unsure, please do not interfere, there is not shame in not knowing as long as you are willing to read what other have to say.

You both seem like really nice people and it would certainly be a pleasure to share a cup of tea around the fire place sometimes without a doubt. But I have to get going with my projects and today I need answers to my question as this forum seemed rather adequate to ask it.

So what I gathered from the top of first page is that a Bedini engine is only useful to rejuvenate batteries? (please spare me any myths like that car thing unless you have the blue prints and you want to share them with us) Therefore since Renaissance Chargers are available on the market and offers a warranty etc i'd rather buy one of them, it will save me some precious time.

I hope no offence but time is running short for all of us so we have to cut through the sh..t

Enjoy your day dear gentlemen, thanks for your civil understanding.

Last edited by zipstor on Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:16 am 

Point taken, I apologize for getting off track, you are right but it would have been better to put just a simple reminder.

As I said before, Primarily they are a learning tools. Some of them charge batteries with very high efficiency, I achieved 97% which when compared to conventional charging techniques that are 50 to 80%, this makes them very good indeed. With lead acid batteries they maintain them in very good condition during cycling which makes a Bedini device an excellent choice for placing between a solar panel and a battery bank. They can also recover neglected batteries and last but not least you can use a lower voltage to charge a higher voltage. When you compare the output by adding the charge found in the charging battery to the work done by the motor you find there is more apparent output than input. There has been much debate as to why this is to the point that Bedini could not make such claims in the patents but the measured power is real. My fan was around 120% efficient measured this way.

Overall the most practical use of a Bedini type device is between a solar panel and a battery bank. Next as a charger for general charging. Rejuvenation is an added bonus.

I recommend everyone try the simple SSG, the most simple of which is the Imhotep fan.

The Renaissance Chargers are John Bedini chargers so I hope you do buy one to help support his research but he also gave us the gift of showing us how to do it for our selves for free and I thank him for that.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:20 pm 

mbrownn wrote:
Point taken, I apologize for getting off track, you are right but it would have been better to put just a simple reminder.

I apologize for rubbing it in but I have seen this so many times in forums and this time it did not let it go... It had to happen I guess..
mbrownn wrote:
As I said before, Primarily they are a learning tools.

Learning tools..? Or just something cool to do of your spare time to get validation from your friends (and only friends because the wife would not give a rat anyway).. I mean that's cool really but to me there is no point building something that you can actually get at some affordable price like the Renaissance site... whats the big deal with building your own...? I seriously don't get it. Please let me know if i'm missing the point..
mbrownn wrote:
Some of them charge batteries with very high efficiency, I achieved 97% which when compared to conventional charging techniques that are 50 to 80%, this makes them very good indeed. With lead acid batteries they maintain them in very good condition during cycling which makes a Bedini device an excellent choice for placing between a solar panel and a battery bank.

Very good. So I guess that's another job for a nice Renaissance charger, as making my own would take me long weekends and big bucks as R&D is very costly (up to 800% more) if you want to have something reliable to lean on. Agreed?

BTW can you explain further about the efficiency aspect, as I never had any problem with conventional chargers, my batteries always been charged 100% until then.. Naive question I admit, however this is where I'm at.

mbrownn wrote:
They can also recover neglected batteries and last but not least you can use a lower voltage to charge a higher voltage. When you compare the output by adding the charge found in the charging battery to the work done by the motor you find there is more apparent output than input. There has been much debate as to why this is to the point that Bedini could not make such claims in the patents but the measured power is real. My fan was around 120% efficient measured this way.

Overall the most practical use of a Bedini type device is between a solar panel and a battery bank. Next as a charger for general charging. Rejuvenation is an added bonus.

I recommend everyone try the simple SSG, the most simple of which is the Imhotep fan.

The Renaissance Chargers are John Bedini chargers so I hope you do buy one to help support his research but he also gave us the gift of showing us how to do it for our selves for free and I thank him for that.

Great!

But all this lets me a little disappointed as the Imotep experiment seemed very popular on the internet and was planing to build it as a pet project to kill some time between 2 flights to prove my colleague that overunity or just even super efficiency was possible, so I guess I will have to look for something else. So if as a result I get only a frele version of some new tech product that I can afford, I'd rather go drink some beers instead.. (BTW why sir Imohtep would be prancing around youtube with of his version of the Renaissance/Bedini engine, there must be something I don't understand, with all the respect..)

Hmm so yes apologies for challenging the purpose your favorite hobby this way but I really gotta cut through the sh..t, and fast.

z

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:13 pm 

yes forums can be like that and its easy to be distracted. I'm usually quite good at keeping it on topic and reminding others to stay on topic but I drifted this time too.

The learning aspect is so that the info gets out and that the people understand it, that way it can't be suppressed. Once you build it and understand it you can see the implications, yes its cool and a talking point with your friends. What all of us want is for the mainstream science and industry to look at it and develop it, that way we can buy these things off the shelf. If a guy with an old computer fan can build a device that is over 100% efficient just think what could happen if we got big finance behind it. That would be a problem for big oil though and that is why it does not happen.

Normal chargers might take 100w out of the wall socket and only deliver 80w to the battery but when you discharge the battery you find that there was only 64 watts in the battery, with a Bedini you take 100w out of the wall and find that 97w can be drawn out of the battery. If you have an electric vehicle that will be a big saving for you. Add to that the fact that your batteries will last much longer. Battery systems are expensive because of the cost of the batteries and the losses in charging them so this type of device makes a lot of sense. With the simple motor type devices you also are running a motor at no extra cost, so for me, living in the tropics, I can effectively run a fan off a pair of batteries with only a 3% loss of energy. So if my motor was 100w I would only have to draw 3 watts from the wall after each cycle.

The downside to the Bedini SSG type devices is that if we put a normal generator on the motor it is not enough to self run the device even if we could feed the output back to the source, but once you know that it is theoretically possible it is just a matter of perfecting the motor systems. I am sure I can build a self running motor but I don't have the financial resources so I am trying to modify a standard motor to do it. It has been done before and suppressed but it isn't so easy with a standard motor.

If your not so interested in building something then please do buy a Renaissance Charger because you will be helping the cause as well as benefiting from the advantages.

People like myself are in fact a part of the research and development, each one contributing in our own small way. As you know the cost of developing a fully sorted device, putting it into production and marketing it is immense. As government and big energy will not even look at it, it is up to us but who will believe it if there are no working devices to show anyone? again that is where we come in.

The Bedini fan costs under 10 bucks to build and if built and tested properly in the right conditions can prove overunity, there are better devices but they are harder to build and more expensive. The downside to the fan is its power, only milliwatts.

Imhotep is just a guy that recognized that this circuit could be applied to a computer fan and showed everyone how to do it. This went viral because it is so cheap and easy to do and the results speak for themselves.

The Renaissance Chargers do not claim to be overunity but are hyper efficient. The reason for this, I believe, is to protect themselves legally and literally.

If you want a plug in device that can run your house, it just isn't available yet although there may well be such devices out there but you do have to watch out for the scams. Again the forums will expose these when we see them.

After all this I think I need a beer too hehe

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:39 pm 

mbrownn wrote:
yes forums can be like that and its easy to be distracted. I'm usually quite good at keeping it on topic and reminding others to stay on topic but I drifted this time too.

mbrownn, you are a true gentleman... usually this is the bit where forum users call me a troll or else. I have to say that I really appreciate you taking the time to attempt to make me happy. I know my words can sound corrosive and most people just dont understand.
mbrownn wrote:
The Bedini fan costs under 10 bucks to build and if built and tested properly in the right conditions can prove overunity, there are better devices but they are harder to build and more expensive. The downside to the fan is its power, only milliwatts.

Thanks for clarifying these aspects, it does help.

Now, this imotep fan, I have seen some replicas all over youtube and some call it a self runner. Does it means that it runs by itself, without any battery or power supply connected to the grid?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:56 pm 

Thanks for the kind words.

Although it is possible to make it self running, I have never seed one with a generator on the fan which I think would be a requirement based upon my tests. there also wasn't a bipolar regenerative circuit on any of the fans I have seen which is the method required to feed the output back to the source. So I don't think any of the fans I have seen are self running although many have claimed it. The problem I had with my attempt is the transistors were too high in resistance and the generator on my fan was effecting the switching but I am still working on it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:23 am 

Have thanks: 2 time
Highscores: 3
since your in a hurry,, research engine patents taken out by the japanese in the mid 1990's and thanx for being to the point , you are welcome