It is currently Fri May 26, 2017 9:13 am

Welcome
Welcome to imhotep's labs

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Electric Motor Secrets - Attraction Motor - Condensed
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:07 pm 
Imhotep's Woman

Have thanks: 11 time
There has been much conversation about Dr.Lindemann's Dvd "Electric Motor Secrets" & his Attraction Motor. This thread is to try and condense that into an easy to understand FAQ. This thread will always be growing as there is alot of information to go through. But instead of having everyone wait until I am complete. I will be adding the information incrementally. So please do not post questions here. This thread is just for information, any post will be deleted. Any questions can be asked at http://www.energeticforum.com/renewable-energy/271-electric-motor-secrets.html.

Please remember before posting in that thread be sure to have watched Electric motor Secrets as it will answer most of your questions.

Also visit this page as it is the Attraction motor design on Peters Website http://www.free-energy.ws/electric-motor-secrets/attraction-motor.html

*****************************************************************************************************************************
Doctor Lindemann states -

"Back EMF is responsible for neutralizing between 50% and 90% of the applied energy in a standard induction motor, depending on load conditions. Assuming a moderate load, it seems reasonable, then, to conclude that it may be possible to create a 1 hp motor that only draws 200 watts. If the electrical recovery system can return 85% of this, then the machine will run on 200 watts, produce 1 hp of mechanical energy, and return 170 watts to the batteries. This suggests that 1 hp of mechanical energy may be able to be produced for 30 watts. This is how Teal accomplished what he claimed.

At this point all of these things must be re-worked out by experiment."

Quote From Dr. Lindemann-
"The idea of efficiency is based on the First Law of Thermodynamics, often referred to as the Law of the Conservation of Energy. This idea is that energy can be converted from one form to another, but it is neither created nor destroyed by its passage through the mechanism. I do not believe in the idea of "Over Unity" because this Law is either correct and in-force at all times, or it is not. So, it is logical that the Law cannot be both correct and in-force, AND violated at the same time. It is well established that the energy conversion rate for the direct induction machine is 746 watts = 1 horse power = 550 foot-pounds per second of mechanical energy.

The magnetic attraction motors that my DVD discusses can be called indirect induction machines, as they use direct induction for the creation of a magnetic field, but it is the magnetic field that causes the mechanical energy production. So, the electricity input is only indirectly related to the production of mechanical energy in the machine. I have postulated that this process, which is NOT the same process as Faraday's induction, operates at a different conversion rate, somewhere around 200 watts = 1 horse power = 550 foot-pounds per second of mechanical energy.

Then, by configuring the machine to operate on short pulses of DC current, an inductor can be charged with electric current. This in turn, causes the creation of a magnetic field. As this magnetic field grows, it can be used to attract a piece of iron, producing mechanical energy. When the field is maximized, the current can be shut off, and the magnetic field will collapse. The collapse of the magnetic field will induce a new current of electricity that can be recaptured by the circuitry, and re-applied to the battery system, thus recovering up to 90% of the input electrical energy. If the machine can produce more than 10% mechanical energy production, then there is an anomaly here which needs a creative explanation.

So, the issue here is, how much mechanical energy can be produced by this process? The answer is, quite a lot, if you design the machine correctly. Way over 10%, in fact. So, when all of these processes are designed right, the machine apparently produces significant amounts of energy that are not explained by the Laws of Conservation.

So, three possibilities exist to explain this. The first is, that the Law of Conservation is just plain wrong, and nothing is being converted into anything else in any of these machines. Most people are not willing to entertain this idea. The second is, that the conversion rate for the indirect induction machine is different than for the direct induction machine, and therefore it can produce more mechanical energy from less electricity because that's what it does. Again, most people find this idea difficult to accept. The third is, that the machine is somehow tapping an unseen source of energy and converting it to the seen energy surplus. Many scientists are starting to consider this idea as the explanation for these phenomena.

No matter which explanation you pick, OVER UNITY is NOT one of the possibilities."

use link above to visit main site

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Electric Motor Secrets - Attraction Motor - Condensed
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:26 pm 
Imhotep's Woman

Q : how is it that the attraction motor circumvents Lenz's law? As the piece of iron is attracted towards the electromagnet coil, magnetic fields will be induced into the iron that interact with those produced by the electromagnet. By Lenz's law, won't opposing currents then be induced back into the electromagnet coil?

A - Answer Provided by Dr. Lindemann

"Thanks for asking this question. I'm sure others have been a little confused by this as well. The question is, does the attraction of the iron rotor piece produce any Lenz's Law effects in the stator coils? The answer is YES, it does. The next questions is, how much? The answer to this is, less than 1% as much as if the iron rotor had a coil on it and was allowed to produce electricity as it was attracted into alignment. The absence of any electricity producing coil on the iron rotor is the important difference.

The magnetic field induced in the iron rotor is totally passive and is responding exclusively to the magnetic field produced by the stator coil windings. Therefore, it has no power to cause a reverse influence. So, there is nothing in the rotor/stator relationship to cause a reverse induction in the stator coils.

The reluctance of the magnetic path is changing as the iron rotor comes into alignment, so there are changes in the inductance of the circuit, but this is not the same as a Lenz's Law reverse induction.

I hope this helps you understand the difference."

Q : To approach this problem from an energy viewpoint, the iron rotor piece requires no energy from the coil via transformer action so no energy is needed from the coil, except for the small losses induced in the iron rotor caused by eddy currents. It also appears that the eddy losses in iron may be the small Lenz effect you discussed - is this correct?

Taking this a step further, what if the passive iron rotor piece was replaced by a permanent magnet? This change now seems to make things much more complicated. With the right polarities the approaching attraction part should be enhanced, but now the leaving magnetic fields are going to want to induce currents into the coil to oppose the motor action. If the coil circuit is opened at that point then very high voltages should result.

A : Provided by Dr. Lindemann
"OK, the motor designs I am suggesting have a passive iron rotor. This allows these motors to operate with No Back EMF and gain in efficiency because they do not create any forces or fields that buck or resist themselves. There is ONLY ONE magnetic field in the system, the field of the stator coils, and they passively attract the rotor while turning on and off.

The moment you introduce a permanent magnet in the rotor, now you have TWO MAGNETIC FIELDS in the system. These two fields can and do interact with each other. These interactions invariably cause cross inductions, leading to the Back EMF problems the passive iron rotor avoids.

The small Lenz Law forces that appear in the stator coils account for the "rise time" and the "collapse time" of the magnetic fields produced by turning the current On and OFF. The movement of the iron rotor changes the inductance of the coil/core and therefore also affects the rise time and collapse time of the magnetic fields. But these changes are small, when compared to the losses produced by Back EMF."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:41 pm 
Imhotep's Woman

Q - I understand the most torque from the magnetic attraction means the iron needs to be very close.
Why then is there a iron lip on the top of the coil. I still don't understand that.
Also could the spool for the coil be wraped around a copper pipe or does it need to be plastic?

A - Answer Provided by Dr. Lindemann
"The purpose of the "iron lip" on the top, inside of the coil is to close the magnetic field HALF WAY through the stroke. This allows the power stroke (point of strongest attraction) to coincide with the mid-point on the crank shaft (point of greatest tangential force). This arrangement allows the motor to produce the highest amount of mechanical energy for the least amount of electrical input.

The drawings I have used in the DVD are not the only configuration that will work to create this set of conditions. Its only meant to illustrate the point.

If the coil is wrapped on a copper pipe, the copper will act as a "shorted turn" one loop secondary coil and create Back EMF against the power coil when it turns ON and OFF. This will dramatically slow down the rise-time and decay-time of the power pulse in the coil. Since rapid rise-time and decay-time is advantageous for higher RPMs of the motor, using copper pipe like this inside the coil is not recommended."

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 1:58 pm 

Have thanks: 1 time
:oops: may I have some more. Please? :oops:

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm 

Have thanks: 27 time
I have both the DVD's Electric motor secrets part 1 and 2 and I can say that they are both excellent but having said that they do not tell you how to build a Lockridge device, the subject matter of the DVDs. I have been studying this device for about four years in all and for two years intensely. Much of what is said in the DVDs is very relevant but I think some of it may be putting emphasis on things that are not quite the right direction. Obviously it was never the intention to mislead, its just that in view of the extra research things have lead in another direction.

I have exchanged emails with Peter and he commended me on my research into the trifilar coil. http://www.energeticforum.com/renewable ... -coil.html

"Dear mbrownn,

This is excellent work. Your exploration of the tri-filar coil and its function are vital to a full understanding of this machine. My original lecture had two purposes. First, to draw people's attention to the machine as a viable pathway to a COP>1 system, and second, to propose a mechanism whereby the motor torque could be enhanced by biasing the forward EMF-to-back EMF ratio of the motor section by capacitor discharge.

Currently, I am focusing my whole attention on establishing a new business and have taken a sabbatical from this work.

Thank you for taking on the next phase of this exploration, and for publishing your results.

Best regards,
Peter
"

And on the circuits that I am working on

"Mbrownn,

"Sorry I didn't reply sooner. I rarely look here anymore. I'm just too busy.

The schematic you posted is very good. You have seen the light!! The "bi-polar" switch on the front end and the twin diode return circuit to an isolated capacitance, allows the creation of a "DC RESONANCE" event described by Tesla. The circuit can product repeated, high power impulses to an output system, while the true power supply only needs to make up the real losses in the system, which include voltage drops on the semi-conductors, changes of inductance between charge and discharge, and the like. You now see that the "LOAD" is not the real dissipator of the electricity!

Good work!

Let me know of your progress, once in a while.

Best regards,
Peter
"

As I find new things out I have developed a better understanding of this device and I know the Lockridge device can be made to work. It is only a matter of time.

With the assistance of Steven E Jones http://www.physics.byu.edu/research/energy/ I have been able to eliminate some possibilities and increase my knowledge through experiment and we are progressing. Currently a member of this forum is also assisting me with experimentation, If he wishes to be known, I'm sure he will Post about it.

If you wish to learn about how the lockridge may work I would be happy to bring you up to speed but that will be on the lockrigde device thread.

the-lockridge-device-t204.html