It is currently Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:18 am

Welcome
Welcome to imhotep's labs

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Re: Noobtastic questions
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:34 am 

Have thanks: 1 time
Has anyone tried four circuits? It seems if you can about half the input voltage with two, maybe the more circuits the better? Just a thought. I don't have the money for parts to try it.

Yep, I added two drops of distilled water to each of the 6 cells yesterday and two drops to each cell today. They say not to overdo it on gel cells, so I'm taking it slow. I'm going to have to just be patient I guess, because I don't have any good batteries to play with.

My other fan tested less resistence between beginning and end of each coil. WHile the fan I'm currently using tested 50-something, the other was something like 25 ohms. I read somewhere that less resistence is better, so I might switch fans soon and see if I can tell a difference.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:50 am 

Have thanks: 4 time
Superdude,

I am currently trying to get the ingredients for the bedini/cystal cell battery if you or any other people are interested please pm me.
The data states depending on which battery style, to have a discharge, charge so it can sustain a led indefinently.
Be able to overcharge and drop voltage to 0 and it will recover with no damage to the cell.
Have a high impedance when discharging and a low impedance with charging.

Regards,

G.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:20 am 

Have thanks: 27 time
Superdude, sucahyo is the man to ask as he is the inventor of the stingo.
mbrownn has been thanked by:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:03 am 

Have thanks: 12 time
mbrownn wrote:
Superdude, sucahyo is the man to ask as he is the inventor of the stingo.
Any radiant circuit can be combined.

If you use FWBR, there is an additional charging at the time one coil have negative polarity, and other have positive polarity. You get additional charging from current flowing from one coil to another. If you use single diode, you won't get this additional charging. This additional charging seems significant.

Single diode would only allow charging by the current flow from its own coil to battery positive.
sucahyo has been thanked by:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:49 am 

(edited this post because I misremembered something when I first posted it, apparently no harm done, but thought I'd correct myself anyway)
This desn't seem to be the right thread to post on my progress, but I don't know what would be. I'm having much better luck charging a nickel metal hydride battery pack. I also put my first fan, which I never tried since I had my circuit working, in my Imhotep bedini cicuit and it's working at least as well if not better than the fan with more resistance between coil ends. I'm still not sure how high to watch the voltage rise on the output before disconnecting it, but I seem to remember someone saying let it go up past 13 for a 12v battery, so for this 6v I'll let it go almost up to 6.5v I think before disconnecting it.
Those crystal batteries sound ideal. I'll have to study up on those and how to make them.

Last edited by superdude on Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:16 am 

gmang73 wrote:
if you or any other people are interested please pm me.

I would be interested in finding out how to go about either making those or getting them if someone sells them. It would put me closer to being able to figure out how efficient this thing is if I had two really good batteries. I'm in limbo right now. I have various small NIMHs, but I need two good rechargeable 12v to prove anything.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:15 am 

Have thanks: 27 time
Best make your own, but the output is very low

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:36 am 

Although the current is high so it will power 12v (that is the Alum and lead battery).

G

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:07 pm 

I don't seem to be able to figure this out on my own, so I guess it's time to ask the question point blank: Is it correct that I can expect two small (in other words a bit less than car battery) 12v batteries to charge each other up fully and keep each other charged up fully, with no other external power source, using the imhotep bedini fan, once I get good batteries? Assuming I do nothing with them but run the bedini fan charger.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:19 am 

Yes, that is my understanding though you need to make sure to rest the battery after charging for a bit and to have your circuit use just below what charging capaity is. Multimeter should show with amp's'.
gmang73 has been thanked by: