It is currently Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:15 am

Welcome
Welcome to imhotep's labs

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Re: rotary attraction motor is not better to OU
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:20 am 

Have thanks: 12 time
Ok.

I believe that current pulse motor design over saturated the coil too long. The coil collapse current depend on coil inductance. The coil collapse current will stop increasing once the coil is saturated. So powering the coil after reaching saturation is a waste of energy. But it seems many design require the coil to be in saturated state for a while to produce enough force to turn the motor.

I don''t know if this is related, but have you ever heard Thane C Heins?
www.rexresearch.com/heins/heins.htm

I think AC pulse can occur if we shut the current valve fast enough, to prevent any leakage. By this principle, my stingo seems to produce small AC output:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uogyCXUlkwg

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:17 pm 

Have thanks: 27 time
sucahyo wrote:
Ok.

I believe that current pulse motor design over saturated the coil too long. The coil collapse current depend on coil inductance. The coil collapse current will stop increasing once the coil is saturated. So powering the coil after reaching saturation is a waste of energy. But it seems many design require the coil to be in saturated state for a while to produce enough force to turn the motor.

I don''t know if this is related, but have you ever heard Thane C Heins?
http://www.rexresearch.com/heins/heins.htm

I think AC pulse can occur if we shut the current valve fast enough, to prevent any leakage. By this principle, my stingo seems to produce small AC output:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uogyCXUlkwg

Yes, cut off the current while it is still rising, normally this would be well below core saturation but the trifilar coil is making up for this. The torque is still amperxturns so we need a high input voltage to the motor to get sufficient current in such a short time. Again the trifiler coil provides us with this from its inductive kickback.

Yes i have heard of him but i cant remember much, ill read your link when i have time.

Yes, looking at your video you have an oscilation, this will be at the resonant frequency of your coil. I think your hand acts as a capacitance changing the resonant frequency acting as a damper.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:26 am 

Not sure if there are motor with core bellow saturation. From what I see people terminated the coil power when voltage curve to the coil already flat.

Stingo will change frequency upon load, the hand become the load that change frequency. Yes, hand act as capacitor. Some health device do not account for this and while they claim to produce some magical wave, in reality, they only produce DC when people use it because of capacitor effect.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:20 pm 

Have thanks: 27 time
sucahyo wrote:
Not sure if there are motor with core bellow saturation. From what I see people terminated the coil power when voltage curve to the coil already flat.

Stingo will change frequency upon load, the hand become the load that change frequency. Yes, hand act as capacitor. Some health device do not account for this and while they claim to produce some magical wave, in reality, they only produce DC when people use it because of capacitor effect.

I think we need to define our terms of saturation

I believe you are referring to the point where the maximum current is seen in the coil. Normally a motor as a huge amount of iron when compared to the copper, in this case the current limitations prevent any more flux from being present in the iron. Increasing voltage would in this case allow more current to flow and more flux in the iron. I consider that this is a condition where the flux is not saturated but limited by current

I am referring to the point where any increase in current will not cause any more flux in the iron as the iron cannot hold any more flux within it. Even if we double the current the flux would have to find a path external to the iron core as the iron is saturated with flux.

This is important because at this point any increase in current will not give an increase in transformer effect or magnetic force on the armature but would be a waste of energy.

The iron is useful in causing the flux to follow the path we want but it is limited on how much it can carry

I could be wrong but this is my understanding of it.

I believe running the iron close to its saturation point may assist in transforming the AC transformer action into an offset DC sign wave where the voltage does not reverse polarity.

We run the motor in attraction because the flux remains within the core maximizing torque and transformer effects.

If we ran the motor in repulsion much of the flux would find another path and not pass through our secondary (compensation) coil reducing the transformer efficiency and torque. In normal motors we could possibly get more torque in repulsion mode.

An attraction motor does give stronger transformer effects.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:45 am 

I do not understand.

How fast do you think to fill the saturation of a coil with iron core with DC resistance of 1 ohm with 12V source?

I am thinking of microseconds