It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:09 pm

Welcome
Welcome to imhotep's labs

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Re: REPLICATIONS
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:15 am 

Have thanks: 0 time
Hello, i don't know if this is the right place to post this but here's my schematic. I tried to make it as clear and simple as possible.

Let me know if there's any questions.

Attachments:
imhotep-schematic.jpg
imhotep-schematic.jpg [ 29.84 KiB | Viewed 952 times ]
 Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:21 pm 
Imhotep's Woman

Have thanks: 11 time
Cyrus wrote:
Hello, i don't know if this is the right place to post this but here's my schematic. I tried to make it as clear and simple as possible.

Let me know if there's any questions.

Wow thats a awesome schematic thank you so much for your contribution!!

use link above to visit main site

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:32 am 

Hi Cyrus, you could replace the relay with a mosfet or transistor if you like. Have you built your 555 to allow adjustments? Its also worth experimenting with placing the switch in the negative leg of the circuit ;)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:33 pm 

Ren wrote:
Hi Cyrus, you could replace the relay with a mosfet or transistor if you like. Have you built your 555 to allow adjustments? Its also worth experimenting with placing the switch in the negative leg of the circuit ;)

Hello Ren, I havent yet tried using mosfets or transistors because i still dont know exactly how they work or can be built to work. The 555 circuit i have in my schematic is adjustable yes. Im using my lawton frequency generator that i used with my hho experiments. It seems to fit the bill in this new purpose i have for it. I have tried putting the rheostat in other places in the schematic that about the same effect. But ill have to do more tests to make real comparisons.

Thanks Ren.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:13 pm 

cool mate, always wanted to build that lawton circuit, I might now. ;)

In regards to the Fets, they can be a little trickey to understand, I might go into further detail if people are interested. Im no expert though, I learnt most of my stuff off google. It doesnt have to be a fet though, it can be a tranny, but a fet would probably give better light.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:41 am 

Have thanks: 12 time
my replication:
Here is the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7mNVXTtjwQ

The circuit is attached. The main difference with the original design is:
- back EMF is routed to source negative
- self oscillate using NC
- no capacitor

Transformer is used in place of car coil. 12V primary (4 ohm) and 240V secondary (500 ohm). power is 12V, current is 0.09 Amp, 1.08 watt. Neon is a bit dim, it can be brighter than originally is using 6V primary but my power supply will auto shut off.

When using normal back EMF routing, the power supply refuse to turn on.

When using 24V primary, using normal back EMF routing, it will turn on but the neon will not light up. Using negative back EMF routing, the neon will light up intermittenly.

normal back EMF routing = bigger back EMF current, more used current, less light

negative back EMF routing = less back EMF current, less used current, more light.

I think normal back EMF routing cause the power supply draw more power because the flow of the back EMF make it so.

The relay run as fast as it can without capacitor. There is no spark when the back EMF routing is in place. The relay is silence with the blue pastic removed and the "spring" weakened. On top of paper towel we won't know wether it's turned on or off without touching.

Attachments:
Imhoteprelayneonreplicationimage2.png
Imhoteprelayneonreplicationimage2.png [ 3.47 KiB | Viewed 818 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:21 am 

Have thanks: 12 time
Here is a solid state version, using joule thief circuit. Coil is transformer with center tap.

The power consumption is almost same as relay, runnning cool at 0.11 Amp. Light is brighter than when using relay.

Potentiometer needed to find resonance frequency. The Back EMF will be greater, the neon will light brighter when at resonance.

Attachments:
joulethiefpwmfinal.png
joulethiefpwmfinal.png [ 4.3 KiB | Viewed 809 times ]