It is currently Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:11 am

Welcome
Welcome to imhotep's labs

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 662 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next
 Post subject: Re: The lockridge device
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:21 am 

Have thanks: 27 time
Why the attack?

Firstly I built the device and made it run on 3 to 4 volts so what you say is absolutely wrong. The cad was produced later to help people such as you understand it.

I am a Mechanical engineer so I do understand what I am doing.

You are correct, the device Mr Bedini had was someone else’s work and no one had managed to get it running, including Mr Bedini.

Your missing the point. It is the generator that is producing the torque and this is unconventional. The powered field coil is not required to make it run, but serves to energise the device with more flux while increasing the forward EMF in the device and not increasing the BEMF in the armature. There is little or no BEMF in the powered field coil, it appears in the generator coil.

What you have produced does not resemble what John Bedini had, whereas what I was doing was a direct copy of what he had, dont you see that.

I understand your frustration, I have been there.

Everything I have done has been true to the device Mr Bedini showed in his video, look at the position of the coils, look at the position of the brushes. You can see this is an Asymmetric device, there has been a lot of talk about that, but most of them are highly symmetrical, this isnt. All you need to see is actually in the Bedini video but turn the sound down so that your not distracted. Was Bedini deliberately throwing us off the scent, I doubt it, but the discussion on the video does not help for some of the devices workings.

The reason I keep explaining this (the same discussion) is that the penny has not dropped. For the input you put in, you have two outputs. mechanical power and generated power (usable BEMF). In a standard motor you only have the mechanical you can use. Now when we set up the pulsing we have inductive kickback to collect too so thats 3 outputs. Obviously the capacitor is to collect this. The fourth output is transformer action and is what the second half of the case is for.

The trifilar coil serves more than one purpose and assists in collecting spikes and other noise but as Mr lindemann said, It is not strictly necessary if you are able to build the device impedance matched. I suspect that is not possible so the trifilar coil is there to match the impedance of the output with the input to make the device self running. If we just want to have a COP grater than 1 we may not need it at all. As the Trifler is mounted at 90 degrees to the coils in the case, It is unlikely that they (the coils on the rotor and stator) have any influence on it other than to collect noise (spikes) and this may well be undesirable anyway.

1) The first step is build the asymmetric, low BEMF motor, and make it run as discussed many times.

2) Second, set it up to pulse using blank segments on the commutator and fit recovery brushes.

3) Size the capacitor.

4) assemble the transformer coils in the second half of the case.

5) separate the DC output from the AC output

6) Match the output to the input. Trifler coil.

7) Display the device.

You have not got past steps 1 and 2 yet. I am still working on 5.

If you want to continue with what you are doing, I am fine with that, maybe you will find something.

Do not attack my work, that is uncalled for. I have offered my knowledge freely for those that wish to use it.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:50 am 

Have thanks: 0 time
mbrownn----Some observations from the picture where you numbered the brushes. Numbers 2 and 4 are close together.

so one or the other is one power brush and the other is the pickup for the inductive kickback. All 4 brushes are insulated from the case. Number 3 and four. number 4 is most likely the gd brush for power in brush no. 2. That leaves number 3.
As you can see no. 1-3 aren't anywhere near each other to pick up the spike from number 1 brush.

So this suggests that the armature wasn't rewound. Just modification to the commutator. if it would have been rewound number 3 brush would be beside no 1 brush. To catch the spike.
To me it suggests that the commutator had----------JUSTONE----------bar disconnected. Other wise 1-3 would be close together. The way the brushes are set up in the picture shows this to be correct PROVIDED THAT WAS INDEED THE WAY IT WAS SUPPOSED TO OPERATE. If not then it rewound like you say.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:10 am 

I did rewind 2 armatures. One with the comm connection nearest to the slot the wire was wound through. The other is connected 90 degrees to the winding.
Brushes have to be perfectly fit the curvature of the armature. To get the spike to come off the trailing edge of the brush.

But the BIG problem is the 2 pickup brushes just wont pick up the kickback spike. I haven't had any success yet as of today. Theres plenty there to catch if I can figure it out.

I also removed the wires off 1 bar of a stock armature. Using DC as power source. It wouldn't give a bemf spike until I moved the ground brush off neutral then I got a pretty good spike of it. Using no 2 as a powewr brush and no 3 brush as a ground brush. Tried using no 1 as a ground brush also. NOTE-----using either 1 or 3 by itself it changes rotation. Either CW or CCW. Using both brushes for ground it goes CW if I remember.

In the picture if the brush positions are correct No. 3 brush probably need to be connected to coli A.

a run down what I have done and where Im at. Hiwater.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:01 pm 

hiwater wrote:
mbrownn----Some observations from the picture where you numbered the brushes. Numbers 2 and 4 are close together.
I suspect they are not in the exact position but you can see they are not separated at 90 degrees. My belief is they are spaced 1 commutator segment away from the brushes that are supplying the current, ie 1 and 2 supply the current and 3 and 4 collect the inductive kickback.

hiwater wrote:
so one or the other is one power brush and the other is the pickup for the inductive kickback. All 4 brushes are insulated from the case. Number 3 and four. number 4 is most likely the gd brush for power in brush no. 2. That leaves number 3.
As you can see no. 1-3 aren't anywhere near each other to pick up the spike from number 1 brush.
While 1 brush may be grounded, the other three cannot. None of mine were. I always get confused when you talk about the power brush.

hiwater wrote:
So this suggests that the armature wasn't rewound. Just modification to the commutator. if it would have been rewound number 3 brush would be beside no 1 brush. To catch the spike.
To me it suggests that the commutator had----------JUSTONE----------bar disconnected. Other wise 1-3 would be close together. The way the brushes are set up in the picture shows this to be correct PROVIDED THAT WAS INDEED THE WAY IT WAS SUPPOSED TO OPERATE. If not then it rewound like you say.
They were never clear about the armature winding other than to say it was of an older type. I took that to mean wave wound. A two pole wave wound armature may be similar to the simple winding that I suggest. I have never found such a winding so I went about doing the simple winding.

PL suggested that it pulsed once per rev, to me that seemed unlikely because without an external secondary commutator it could not be done. Secondly I doubt that enough torque would be produced by a single pulse unless it was destructively strong.

I have proved that disconnecting every other segment of the commutator does not work, there has to be at least two segments between every coil segment to allow pulsing to operate correctly.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:09 pm 

THE wave wound armature is a series wound armature. Again the WAve wound armature is a series wound armature.

Which had significate sparking. That's why they went to a lap wound armature

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:23 pm 

hiwater wrote:
I did rewind 2 armatures. One with the comm connection nearest to the slot the wire was wound through. The other is connected 90 degrees to the winding.
I wound mine connected at 90 degrees.
hiwater wrote:
Brushes have to be perfectly fit the curvature of the armature. To get the spike to come off the trailing edge of the brush.
Correct

hiwater wrote:
But the BIG problem is the 2 pickup brushes just wont pick up the kickback spike. I haven't had any success yet as of today. Theres plenty there to catch if I can figure it out.

I also removed the wires off 1 bar of a stock armature. Using DC as power source. It wouldn't give a bemf spike until I moved the ground brush off neutral then I got a pretty good spike of it. Using no 2 as a powewr brush and no 3 brush as a ground brush. Tried using no 1 as a ground brush also. NOTE-----using either 1 or 3 by itself it changes rotation. Either CW or CCW. Using both brushes for ground it goes CW if I remember.
Using brushes 1 and 2 to power the armature, the powered windings on armature would be between the 9 and 10 oclock positions. This would result in the armature rotating anti clockwise.

hiwater wrote:
In the picture if the brush positions are correct No. 3 brush probably need to be connected to coli A.

a run down what I have done and where Im at. Hiwater.
Brush 3 should probably be closer to brush 1, remember the one segment gap. I would not like to say at this moment how the final wiring goes, so just use coil A as the generator coil

The less metal that is holding the two halves of the case together, the better. Better still cut them completely in half and braze them back together but that would be hard to do with any accuracy.

Attachments:
Electric Motor.jpg
Electric Motor.jpg [ 41.75 KiB | Viewed 44 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:24 pm 

The main power brush would be probably no. 2. Because it would be positioned over coil D along with coil B and brush No 1.
Main thing to remember from my point of view is that wheather brushes no 1 and 2 are on at the same tim or not. If they are then their positions are ok. Other wise no 2 maybe just powered and 1 and 3 are in the positions that will rotate it the same way. Or it switches back and forth from no 1 and 2 which would separate the 2 halves. Having 2 separate distinct circuits. One for each half of the case.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:29 pm 

hiwater wrote:
THE wave wound armature is a series wound armature. Again the WAve wound armature is a series wound armature.

Which had significate sparking. That's why they went to a lap wound armature
I believe so

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:33 pm 

hiwater wrote:
The main power brush would be probably no. 2. Because it would be positioned over coil D along with coil B and brush No 1.
Main thing to remember from my point of view is that wheather brushes no 1 and 2 are on at the same tim or not. If they are then their positions are ok. Other wise no 2 maybe just powered and 1 and 3 are in the positions that will rotate it the same way. Or it switches back and forth from no 1 and 2 which would separate the 2 halves. Having 2 separate distinct circuits. One for each half of the case.
1 and 2 are the supply to the armature. 3 and 4 are the recovery brushes

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:49 pm 

I have mine set up just like you have explained. You can take the end cap off and it will start and spin it acts like a magnetic bearing. It centers it self.

The problem right now is trying to collect the spike off the brushes.----------------Youre saying to use brushe No. 1 and 2 as the power in brushes. OK are they both on at the same time or alternately. Because A-D coils and 3-2 brushes would have to be set up independently------from the other side. Just so each side would rotate the same direction.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 662 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next