It is currently Wed May 24, 2017 11:24 pm

Welcome
Welcome to imhotep's labs

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Unusual events with this oscillator
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:51 am 

Have thanks: 0 time
i built the small joule thief type oscillator and the bigger imhotep cfl one .
they have both done some unusual things during my testing.
firstly the small joule thief. i took it outside in the sunlight to show my wife and when it was in direct sunlight the voltage output dropped quite a lot. when i put it into shadows it got back to full output,weird?
the big cfl one is really spooky it does lots of strange things. it works reasonably poorly until i touch its + wire of run battery.
works better if i do it with bare feet on the ground.(it is earthed to ground as well though).
once it gets touched i then can let it go to run on bright light constantly.

its also did a (Tesla) energy sending across open space.
i happened to fry a transistor and had the whole setup near my powerboard when i replaced the transistor.(it was running well )i thought?when i turned off the powerboard the cfl went out. it was sucking energy from the powerboard (not attached in any way. cool .i couldnt get it too run without the powerbord near it.
so i again replaced the small transistor and got it running on its own again.weird?
anyway its working with one cfl. wont work with more than 1 though?

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Unusual events with this oscillator
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:25 am 

Have thanks: 27 time
You will find that by placing an antenna or an earth on parts of the circuit will cause the CFL to light better.

What does this show? A second source of power into the circuit, "the free energy". This can be many things, radio waves, microwaves, solar energy and energy from power systems etc.

Try running your device in a thunder storm and you will get even more power. I find that i get the highest power just before a thunderstorm.

All electrical devices have radiant energy flowing in and out of them, we normally short that out as something undesirable creating heat or run it to ground. The higher the voltage the more radiant will be attracted to it. I believe that if you place your device close to another high voltage source, it is able to capture some of the radiant that is attracted to that source and "pump" it into your circuit.

I don't know if it was the "sunlight" or your proximity to a voltage source that caused the change in output of your joule thief.

Remember the high voltage source does not even need to be power lines or cables, any dipole such as the earth and the sky being at different voltages will attract radiant energy.

Also consider this, your IRO will also output radio waves when it is running.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:36 am 

awesome stuff. very interesting.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:46 am 

A second thought.

Radiant energy is everywhere but it is attracted to voltage sources and so near a high voltage source there will be a higher concentration of radiant energy. It is therefore easier for us to collect the radiant close to a high voltage source.

Experiment: get a battery powered IRO and charge a capacitor to say 30 volts while timing the experiment.

Now repeat the experiment in different locations such as:-

in the middle of a field
close to power lines or an electrical substation
At different altitudes

then repeat the experiment on different days and different weather conditions

Compare the results and publish on this forum

What are the best cases?
what are the worst?
is there a pattern?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:28 am 

Have thanks: 12 time
I also notice that ground or antenna increase the output. It even registered current or voltage on one wire connection.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:17 am 

i have tried some experiments as suggested with my devices.
one thing i have noticed is that whilst it is in the proximity of any device that is using power it does get more voltage. it works very badly in direct sunlight. it drops at least 15 volts.
immediately increases back to full voltage when shaded.

i took it to work with me. i got the same results.
it also increases whenever a jet flies past my house.
i am not getting the larger amounts of current that some have displayed .and my answer to that is that they are probably just experimenting in an area that has a larger amount of radiant energy flowing around.
it is however very conclusive to me that the energy is there and its there to be harvested by me :D
just to note: i already have my oscillator connected to an antenna and earth. it just wouldn't work at all without them.

one more thing to add is with my little joule thief . i added a cap to it just to see what would happen. it improved it only a minute amount. what i did find though was that when i removed the battery from theJT it still produced voltage. 128 milliamps to be exact. this is not even an oscillating circuit its just the bifilar JT coil drawing in voltages. i am pretty happy with that result as i wasn't reaching for that at all.
i am at a loss as to what to do now with this stuff.i think my next step would be to try making either Imhoteps fan or a bedini motor.
i am unsure as to what pc fan i need to buy to make the Imhotep fan. i had a small pc fan but when i dissected it it was different inside to the one on Imhoteps video and couldn't be wired up like that . does anyone know what type of fan i should ask for?
thanks all. bazz

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:45 am 

Excellent, every replication or change increases knowledge.

The energy is there for sure.

Your jet experience is interesting, I would not have predicted that.

What to do next? enhance and adapt.

Its just a standard PC case fan. Almost any dc brush-less fan motor will work, You can always rewind the stators to improve performance. the lower the resistance the better.