It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:26 am

Welcome
Welcome to imhotep's labs

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: HOW TO WIND A FAN FOR MAXIMUM POTENTIAL
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:03 pm 

Have thanks: 4 time
Hi all Big thanks to mr Bedini and Mr Imhotep and ms Shiva for their efforts, I have recently been hit by a car so I have some time to play with this project, I have no prior knowledge of electricity or

eletronics. I am thouroghly enjoying building and testing these units.

I most of the time end up blowing the transistors.

I found if your on a budget like my you can get the fans out of power supplies from your local pc repair mob. Then you can even split the rotor of one and add it to another for a larger wind which brings

me to my post.

WHAT IS THE MOST EFFICIENT WINDS FOR SMALL FANS AND LARGE FANS.

I understand the use of more winds more volts and smaller wire although how small ? 46awg?

Also can someone post a pic or youtube a vid of how to wind so the trigger wire/s has just small wire please or message me I am having fun with this.

I just took the wire from one stator (46awg) and joined 2 stators for larger winds and I think this is right tri filer with 2(46's awg) from the fan I unwound and 36 awg for the power positive and negative

I wound c/cc/c/cc and then joined the double for the trigs to each post. Each wind was 96. the ohm on the continuity was 90.4 on the triggs and 200 on the power/s

It worked and unfortunatly I had an idea to try and join the other fan a little bigger while the new fan was running and I'm pretty sure I blew my 6th transistor.

So please all post your best ideas.

Thanks again for everyone's ideas and again thanks to the people for making this site. you included mr brown.

FREE ENERGY = BETTER WORLD.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: HOW TO WIND A FAN FOR MAXIMUM POTENTIAL
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:43 pm 

Have thanks: 27 time
Hi, Welcome to the group, I got your message.

Its a very good question that you ask, For computer fans, If your looking for voltage you want a high inductance which means lots of turns but the problem is the resistance becomes too high. If you want high efficiency, low resistance is better but then you have too few a number of turns so it is a compromise. The standard windings are quite efficient but you can go for bigger wire to get a faster charge without a noticeable drop in efficiency. #27 is about as big as I will go #30 to 33 seems best to me as a compromise but you will burn out your pots with this size of wire so you will need a 5w pot. I have never gone smaller than standard on the wire as I find it too difficult to see and solder.

If you use a 3055 transistor you want to keep the voltage below 60v so this is why the neon is fitted as it wont allow the voltage to go above as a safety feature. Running the fan with no battery being charged can blow the transistor as I am sure you are aware.

This is Imhotep's tutorial for winding http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... sKlUV-MkPE or take a look at his website http://d1190995.domaincentral.com.au/

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:09 am 

Have thanks: 12 time
Efficiency will improve greatly if you don't use 3055. I found tip31C have high efficiency but since it broke easily, tip41c do better. Some previous experiment show that tip41c can reach twice 2N3055 efficiency.

Basically transistor with high amp rating have worse efficiency. If you use low amp (<200miliamp) then you should try tip31c.

For comparison Dr stiffler recommend 2n2222 for his experiment but it seems to onl survive bellow 50ma uses.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:16 am 

I have found tip35c to be good also
Thanks although I was more wondering about 3 filer quad filer and hex filer and their benefits ect.
I will look into the tip 41c. thanks sucahyo
And thankyou mr brown I have scoured this site as I have the time.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:59 am 

what would be a good wind for a larger fan for the power and trigger ?
please....

G.
and what role does a bridge rectifier play?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:38 pm 

I will give you a little secret. Use a smaller wire for the trigger, this will result in less energy transferring to the trigger circuit and a slightly higher output.

I don't know how big your fan is or how many turns you will get on it so I can't tell you what would be a good wind but you will need a minimum of 25 turns per segment for it to run on 12v

A bridge rectifier converts AC to DC, it is made up of four diodes, each of which act like a one way valve. The link below may help you understand it

http://www.falstad.com/circuit/#%24+1+5 ... 05+1+-1%0A

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:25 am 

I brought a kit from the us from rick a 10 incher
and he must have changed his fan supplier because it was a nightmare to get to the motor
I mean I had to jimmy bar it off (some damage to the metal and cracked the plastic casing)
Making a mould today of the top one.
48v
I was interested in the circuit with the capacitor to turn the negative to usable good energy for the ssg
You probably already know this anyway I appreciate all of your comments mr brown thankyou,
so it should have abouve double the voltage of the 48v so 97 +
or should I keep them multiples of 6 and 12 ?
How can I use thinner wire for just the triggers ? if I have a bifilliar or trifillar or quad? do I just run to that trig + and - near the end of the wind not sure need a pic otherwize I will just trial and error.
and are the trigge coils like motor head stated thinner and more winds? why is this more voltage?
andway I love this stuff should have been a leci instead of a bone head.
thanks MR B.

G.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:55 pm 

Hey,

I got a kit and I was wondering is there an advantage to bifilliar winding or tri or quad and still connect each to where they are supposed to go to on the circuit provided?
So I am asking Guru's what is the advantage of doing this as in bi fillier and tri and quad ect over single wound.

Best Regards,

G.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:03 pm 

I have never seen inside those fans so I cant really advise what size of wire to use. Have you watched the Imhotep rewind video I linked to before? to wind bifilar you use two wires, trifilar, three and so on. Get however many spools of wire that you want and take the end of the wire from each spool, all at the same time and wind like in the video.

Remember it is the amps x the number of turns that make the motor run, not the volts, so you want low resistance coils. the trigger, if it is the same size as the power coils will be in resonance so more of the power will be passed to it via the transformer effect. Ideally we want the power in the trigger coil to match the Beta ratio of the transistor. So if you have a 10 to 1 transistor you only need a tenth of the current or voltage (I forget which it is) on the trigger. Having the trigger wire smaller than the power wires with the same number of turns, takes it out of resonance so the transformer effect will be less. This is what we want because we want all the power going to the batteries.

If you use a bifilar coil you have a 1 to 1 transfer of current to the trigger. If you have a trifilar coil you have a 2 to one transfer or only half as much in the trigger. This means that a trifilar will be more efficient than the bifilar. If you are using a 7 filar, this will be about as efficient as you can get provided that the trigger wire is in the center of the other six wires. Once you get to trifilar and above there is less need to take the trigger coil out of resonance so less need for the smaller wire.

It is difficult to keep the trigger wire in the center of the other six unless you twist the strands. When it is twisted it is known as litz wire.

This site is a great resource on the Bedini stuff and he has Bedini's original drawings posted http://www.fight-4-truth.com/Schematics.html

This picture shows a close up of a damaged coil made up with the litz wire http://www.fight-4-truth.com/Cr.%20Site%20ab.jpg

Stop thinking about volts, you want this to run on as low a voltage as possible, ideally just lower than the charging voltage. The inductance of the coils will give you the voltage on the output to make the battery charge. Ideally you want the current draw of the fan to be 1/20th of the Ah rating of the charging battery. Forget what it says on the fan, it will be different when you have wired it as a SG or SSG

This might be a little advanced if you are just starting, but if you have any questions I will do my best to answer.

Hope this helps

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:51 am 

Have thanks: 12 time
I once read that the magic only show up at source voltage above 20V. Which is why having two 12V in series as source is important.
sucahyo has been thanked by: