It is currently Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:11 pm

Welcome
Welcome to imhotep's labs

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: What is a Radiant Oscillator?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:58 am 

Have thanks: 1 time
I'm starting to get back into my studies. I've been playing mmorpg for a while all day, dealing with personal drama, doing other things, and etc. Now, I'm steadily getting back into serious studies, just heavily focused studying.

I'd like simple explanations easy for novice to understand. I could not find any info on this on google or here.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: What is a Radiant Oscillator?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:08 pm 

Have thanks: 27 time
A radiant oscilator is an electrical device used to collect a form of electricity not known to standard electrical theory.

Rapid electrical pulses (oscilations) in a coil cause this form of electricity apear where we can collect it. It is radiant because it does not require a conductor or any other medium to flow however it will follow a conductor if the conditions are favourable.

Nicola Tesla experimented extensively with this form of electricity but after his death, knowledge of it was supressed.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:30 am 

Have thanks: 12 time
Radiant happen when you stop the current in a coil. You get more pure radiant when you use more efficient turn off mechanism. For me it is not the oscillation that matter, it is the signal fall time. Thus upgrading from 2N3055 would show you significant change.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:44 am 

Not quite right sucahyo. the radiant appears at the moment that the electrical connection is made and before the current begins to flow. The sharper the rise in voltage the more radiant is present.

This is why mechanical switching has been used with greater efficiency as the switch is instantaneous. The radiant oscillator uses mechanical switching and gives a strong radiant spike.

If viewed on an oscilloscope the signal resembles the small letter h

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:49 am 

It may be that the negative spike appears as you say I will have to check

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:24 am 

Yes, we maybe talking about different radiant. I don't know a way to capture radiant that flow before the current flow.

I refer to the spike.

From three component, a 1.5V battery, a 3V LED, and a coil. We know that the LED would not lit up if we power it with 1.5V battery. But if we parallel the LED with the coil, we can observe the LED to flash each time we disconnect them from the battery, only at reverse connection. The LED would not flash when we connect it, or if we use normal connection.

Similar effect to CFL or neon bulb with 12V battery and coil. They flash only on disconnect.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:47 am 

Yes, Did you try the diode in both directions?

Is the diode in the normal direction of flow or the opposite way?

Try placing a second, two diodes across a coil, if the diodes have opposite polarity and the switch is sharp enough we should get one flash at the moment the switch is closed and one at the moment the switch opens although I don’t know is the first spike collection will prevent the second from happening. What do you think? Or maybe the first is so fast we dont see it.

If we can create the first spike so that it lights a lamp of some type maybe this helps prove the theory.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:14 am 

doublepost

Last edited by sucahyo on Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:15 am 

mbrownn wrote:
Yes, Did you try the diode in both directions?

Is the diode in the normal direction of flow or the opposite way?
LED is used instead of diode. I tried both direction and LED only lit on switch opening AND on inverted placement.

mbrownn wrote:
Try placing a second, two diodes across a coil, if the diodes have opposite polarity and the switch is sharp enough we should get one flash at the moment the switch is closed and one at the moment the switch opens although I don’t know is the first spike collection will prevent the second from happening. What do you think? Or maybe the first is so fast we dont see it.

If we can create the first spike so that it lights a lamp of some type maybe this helps prove the theory.
Sorry, I don't understand it. Can you draw it or try it?

The scope shot of people experiment do not show spike at switch closure / transistor on.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:41 am 

Have you not seen the h wave?

Attachments:
Picture 046.jpg
Picture 046.jpg [ 17.05 KiB | Viewed 1892 times ]